Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Is No Nil - I Just Took A Break!



 "Every day offers you 10,000 reasons to cry, but if you can find just one reason to laugh then you will be alright." - Maya Angelou

Finding myself treading back to this site didn't come as easy - seriously. All the while I'm aware that I have not blogged for over a month nor visited this site to see if it still existed.  Thoughts of this site already washed away by a blogger-istic tsunami that occasionally befall bloggers had convinced me there were better and productive things to do in this lifetime other than blogging stupid things.  Unconsciously, my nine systems have been pretty busy conspiring to brainwash me - "why spend a heck of your very little time to maintain this site when the very basic factor for your existence is being threatened?"  And if this signals my awakening from a spontaneous semi-annual hibernation, then I'd love to see my metatarsals get me going - firmly again. I hope so.

Though I admire how candid people can be in social media, I still don't see myself shouting to the world my concerns i.e how my job hangs in the balance or worse losing it. The past months were a bane to me physically, mentally and psychologically. Anxiety attack, chronic insomnia and scoliosis perhaps led to a brief bout with depression that almost took away the strong resolve in me. How my homeostasis destabilizes because I got stung and annoyed  by social issues  of dumbest proportion is beyond me. Looking ahead, there will always be brighter things on the other side of the horizon. And I thought everyone really deserves a break - a break from worries, anxiety and the troubles of life in the Middle East. This is what I have always wanted to do, and I am now enjoying every bit of it.


Moments I won't trade for a hefty bonus:




Seriously aside, thanks to Smart Bro, I can create a paragraph or two for this site while watching  Face to Face on TV5 (yes, the signal is quite impressive here), and simultaneously trying to fend off my mom's constant bugging me to eat my lunch when in fact I just had a heavy breakfast. This is the perks I guess of coming home emaciated, drowsy and looking old :-). Now I'm struggling to hide the Dunkin or Goodyear above my perineum that would give the anorexic world a foothold to mock me. A fortnight from now, I'm seeing myself dragging my luggage back to Saudi Arabia a stocky, sunburned and hopefully a rested and refreshed person. More stupid posts to follow! Belated Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

Ze Cabreira said...

Grabe na 'to! Sarap naman dyan, puro mangroves?

Esoy1216 said...

hehe ikaw pala yan! lika punta ka rito!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Silay City, Negros Occidental, The Philippines

Some of the photos above courtesy of Arnaldo Arnáiz Díaz

Powered by FeedBurner living in Saudi Arabia Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory TatakExpat.com: News, info, Guides, Mga patnubay para sa mga overseas Filipinos